Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2023

iMac

Diane had to go to her cardiac rehab class first thing this morning. I stayed put and enjoyed a second coffee and read the news online. Recently Jasper has shared the contents of his stomach with us, several times. We cleaned up and sprayed the carpet in the appropriate places at the time. I took the spot/vacuum cleaner upstairs and attacked the various stains. It took a while, but the carpets are clean again now.

At lunchtime, I was expecting delivery of a refurbished iMac that Zoe/Darren had requested. It turned up soon after 12:30 and when Diane and I had finished lunch we went to Zoe's and I set the system up. I have made a small contribution towards the cost as part of her birthday present. Considering it was a refurbished machine, I was impressed with its quality. Needless to say, the first thing that I set up was the backup system. This should tick away in the background for the next few years, protecting their data and giving them a fallback should anything be accidentally lost.

We managed a quiet hour with our books when we got home.

No comments: