Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Trekking

 We were up early so that Ellie could be dropped off as Darren went to work. She was very chirpy, claiming she had been awake since 05:00 so she could see mummy off to work. We went through the usual checklist and I delivered her (in a timely fashion) to the classroom door.

After breakfast, I hit the accounts. We had been alerted to a couple of nice wins on the Premium Bonds and I needed to get them files away. By the time I was finished with the accounts, Diane was ready for a trek walk. We took a slightly longer route today, as planned. We headed for the Community Centre and then looped back across the football pitches and up alongside the school. Next week Diane has her first Cardiac Rehab session at the Community Centre, so it was important to see how long it took to walk there and check that she could complete the route without a problem.

We had a quiet afternoon. Diane was making some cloth animals and I spent the time reading until it was time to collect Ellie. We both went around to Zoe's and headed for school. Ellie was eager to stop off at the park, so we left her with Zoe and returned home. Ellie has some homework to complete, based on poetry. Grandpa switched on his inner Kipling and came up with:

My Grandpa wrote a poem

Especially for me

The lines all tell a tale

And they rhyme, you see


The poem isn’t very long

He couldn’t think of much

But it fitted with my homework

So did the job, as such.

Whether she'll use it or not, I don't know. 

No comments: