Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2023

Pebbles

There was no need, but I got up early. Zoe had spent the evening in A&E again as her toe had flared up during the day. I was concerned that Ellie might need to be dropped off as Darren went to work so I got up, just in case. As it turned out, there was no need.

Diane had booked an appointment for Ellie to get her hair done. Zoe and Ellie came to us and I drove us all to Flepham. I sat and read in the car while the girls went to the hairdresser. 

When they were finished we walked down to the beach to have some coffee and ice cream at the Lobster Pot. It was busy, as usual, but there were a few tables available.

The weather was overcast but it was pleasantly warm. When Ellie had finished her ice cream she went exploring the top edge of the beach.

When my veins were suitably full of caffeine I went and joined Ellie and we walked down to the water's edge. The pebbles snuck into our shoes and this photo shows Ellie on one of the breakwaters trying to get the pebbles out of her sandals.

We stayed at the water's edge for a while. She was intent on throwing all of the pebbles into the sea. After a while I decided she was not making sufficient progress so we climbed back up to the top and rejoined Diane and Zoe.


We were soon back, and Zoe and Ellie went home to get on with their chores.

My first chore was to get the Fiesta booked for an MOT and service. I decided to try a local independent garage this time. I don't feel that I'm getting value for money from the main dealer - given that I have only done about 300 miles since the last service.

After that, I contacted our Travel Insurer. I needed to let them know about Diane's recent procedure in the hospital. It took a while to go through all of the questions but in the end, we had full coverage for only a minor markup.

 


No comments: