Search This Blog

Monday, July 17, 2023

Basic Checks

I have been contacted, through Ancestry,  by someone from Australia who appears to be Diane's 4th cousin.   She was pleased to make contact and happy to tell me that she had driven the family tree back several further generations. I haven't had a chance to check in detail, but I have glanced at her tree. Sure enough, she records several generations earlier than my tree. I decided to check her sources. This did not fill me with hope. The first person I chose was (according to my research) born around 1668. It was interesting, therefore, to find that she cited a baptismal certificate in a totally different part of the country dated 1835. Now, Diane's family are sturdy stock, but I doubt they leave it 167 years before getting baptised.

No comments: