Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Funny Old Day

It was drying up after a wet night when I came down. Once the weather saw me it decided to show off again and there was a huge downpour. I ignored it, so it sulked and went off to the east and the sun came out.

I had my usual call with the cousins this morning. The banter was fun particularly when we got onto the subject of company disciplinary action. Helen was quick to relate the story of one employee at Dixon's whose house had been searched and an un-receipted cover for a Psion Organiser was found. He was dismissed. Tim the Red was quick to chime in with the fact that he had obviously not been a member of a union. To which Helen responded that he was actually the Union Rep.

The rest of the morning was spent with domestic chores and researching flight data recorders. Using ChatGPT and Bard I was able to get a concise answer to the questions raised by Darren's client. I sent the answers across and, hopefully, will hear no more.

Early afternoon was book time, as usual. During this, Amazon dumped my latest delivery on the front path. They didn't knock. They didn't ring the doorbell. The only reason I knew it had been delivered was the arrival of an email to tell me. Not really good enough, and an invitation to porch pirates.

No comments: