Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Pre-season

Ellie slept well last night. It was 6:33 when she wandered into our room and asked if she could play on her tablet. She pottered off to get the tablet and then returned to her bedroom until she heard me in the bathroom. We went through the usual procedures: breakfast, drink, wash, teeth, uniform and school bag. At 8:30 we walked to school and left Ellie to enjoy her penultimate day in Year 1.

Back home, I quickly changed and headed to Worthing. This would be my first football game for several months. I met up with the lads and explained my long absence to those that asked. We then split into two teams of 6 and started. I was clearly rusty. Passes were going astray and my left foot seemed to have forgotten how to kick. We were soon 2-0 up and I had threatened with a couple of very wide shots. By halftime, we were 3-0 up. Jack juggled the teams. We kicked off and after a few minutes, I got involved in a neat interplay just inside the attacking half. I cracked the ball with the inside of my boot and it rocketed straight into the top corner of the net. It was nice to be back! The final score was 4-1 for us.

Early afternoon we had our usual reading hour before going to collect Ellie. On the way home, we stopped off at the park for a short while. Then headed back for ice cream while waiting for Zoe to arrive and collect Ellie.

Supper is finished and we are now planning to settle down for a quiet evening.

No comments: