Search This Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2023

Dash Cam

 It was a leisurely and late start to the day. When I got up, it was raining and despite Jasper's protestations, there was nothing I could do to stop it. Even though I was unable to intervene the weather cleared up of its own accord and Jasper nipped out into the garden.

The morning saw me work through a pile of ironing. (Not a big pile, I would add). Then, I took my car, the Fiesta, out of the garage for the first time in ages.  I took it out for a run. This was, quite possibly, the first time since April (or before) that I had driven it beyond our driveway. It was nice to give it a blast along the local highways and byways up around Fontwell and Chichester before heading home. 

Once home, this got me thinking about my DashCam. Well, strictly speaking, the DashCam in the Karoq - which is Ian's. (A temporary replacement for ours which had caused problems last year).  It was time I returned it and reverted to my own. Well, that seemed like a good idea. In practice, my own "fixed" DashCam wouldn't seem to fire up, even when I took the Karoq out for a drive. I decided that a replacement was the only sensible solution so, dropped into Halfords and bought a replacement. A couple of hours later, the battery charged, and firmware updated, the new DashCam was installed in the Karoq.  Success.


No comments: