Search This Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Grand Opening

Rain was not forecast until late afternoon. Clearly, the meteorological office has not informed the clouds that swept across the south coast. It was grey, it was damp, and fine misty rain billowed across the area. It is a timely reminder of how our countrymen live from day to day beyond the M4 corridor.

I had agreed to play my first Sunday game of football for several months. Boy can I tell that I am out of practice. My left foot needs to be retrained to hit the ball with force and my muscles need to stop screaming at me. It was a very lop-sided game (I was not involved in picking the teams) and my team lost 18-8! In our defence, two of our 5 players were fresh back from long lay-offs. At least I scored a hat trick.

On the way home I noticed the recent roadworks were complete and a sign has been erected pointing to the newly built crematorium. I don't think it has been commissioned yet, nor formerly opened. I don't suppose a grand opening day BBQ would go down well? 

It has been a quiet afternoon with my book while Diane has been in her sewing room.

No comments: