Search This Blog

Friday, July 07, 2023

Early start

We were awake early. Ellie came in to ask the time at 6:00. I told her that she had 30 minutes to go and she pottered back to her room. She was back on the dot at 6:30 and asked to use her iPad. That kept her quiet for a further 30 minutes. By then the floodgates of the morning had burst free and we all got going.

After Elie was dropped at school and I had eaten breakfast, I spent the morning researching while Diane chatted to Jane on the phone. In parallel, laundry was hung out to dry, and ironing was completed. Not a busy morning, but a fruitful one.

After lunch, we had the customary hour or so with our books before collecting Ellie from school. There was a frantic 5 minute spell in the park but we then headed home. We couldn't hang around because she would need dinner before Pete came to collect her.

A blanket of calm has now descended upon the house. I keep checking my ears to assure myself that I have not gone deaf.

As I was preparing dinner, I spotted an announcement regarding Bognor Regis Town F.C. They have a game against Portsmouth F.C. next Tuesday evening. That sounded interesting so I chatted with Diane, tapped a few buttons, and now we both have tickets for the game.

No comments: