Search This Blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quote Me Angry

Gorse Fox was due to renew his Home and Contents insurance with one of the big companies. He thought he'd better check that he was still getting a good deal, so he wandered round the internet.

As a result of this he has now swapped his insurer... got twice as much cover, and is paying a premium of less that half the original. (Oh yes, and he gets a special emergency cover that manages the dispatch of plumbers, electricians etc... pays the call-out and up to £1000 for their services)

GF called his old Insurer to cancel the policy. After a 27 minute wait he got through to the call centre operative and explained:
"I wish to cancel my policy"
"May I ask why, Sir?"
she queried.
"I have got a better deal. Twice the cover for less than half the price" said GF
"Ok then Sir, I have cancelled the policy" she responded with a weary acceptance, and an acknowledgement as to which company now had GF's loyalty!

Do they really think we don't check? I guess they hope that it will all be too much hassle.


Technorati Tags:

No comments: