Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2026

Projects

 I was delighted, as you can imagine, to be woken by Jasper at 2:30 this morning. He was yelling at the top of his voice and eventually quietened down, but just as I was drifting back to sleep, he started again. As a rule, when he gets like this, he is hungry, and his overnight feeder hasn't opened on time (or, more to the point, when he thinks it should have opened). I got out of bed and went down to the kitchen, only to find that everything had opened on time and he was just being obnoxious. It took me ages to get back to sleep.

I was up soon after seven. I think I managed to sneak down without disturbing Di, so I made myself a coffee and waited until I could hear movement from upstairs before I made her tea. We had a quiet breakfast, and after some domestic chores, returned to our respective projects.

I had downloaded 16 more albums from Google and spent much of the day processing them. I didn't finish because, needless to say, I found some examples I hadn't thought of and hadn't catered for in the coding. I made more changes, and bit by bit, the albums emerged. I must say that I wrote some pretty slick code and even ChatGPT responded, "That's clever," to one part of the development.

I popped along to the local store for some white wine for the sauce I made for tonight's dinner. I did chuckle when a BMW drove past the "Road Closed" signs, weaving in and out of the barriers, only to be thwarted and have to turn around and come back the other way.

In preparation for tomorrow's return to school, Zoe and Ellie popped in to bring some school uniform items here for the morning. Now that Ellie is moving into Year 5, she can walk to school by herself, so we don't necessarily have to get involved beyond pushing her out the door,

No comments: