Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Service

I was up early so that Ellie could be dropped off. She burst into the house like a tornado - a tornado wearing one boot and one fluffy slipper! After a cuddle with Grandpa, she charged upstairs to greet Nana. We had a busy morning so I had my breakfast before the school run.

As soon as we were back from school, I took the car around to the local dealer for its annual service and MOT. I walked back through the misty morning sunshine and then settled down for a quick coffee. As I enjoyed the caffeine infusion, the doorbell rang. The chap from Flash Trash Recycling was standing there, 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I opened up the garage and they started to load their truck with all of the detritus we had sorted at the weekend. After a few minutes, we could actually see the garage floor again.

Next on the agenda was to steam clean the floors before lunch.

We had some Kindle time after lunch and as the time rolled around to the end of the school day, it started to rain. As I left to collect Ellie, I received a text informing me that the car was ready. I continued to school and brought Ellie home. Then I turned around and headed back to the Skoda garage. As I walked, the rain got heavier and heavier. By the time I arrived, I was soaked to the skin and was still dripping by the time I arrived home. I was so wet I had to change.

No comments: