Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Lunching

 It was another alarm-free start to the day. Having said that, I was wide awake by 06:30 and up 10 minutes later. Coffee and online news greeted the day before I completed my ablutions and headed around to Zoe's for the school walk. I didn't indulge in an early walk after the drop-off. We had things to do.

Back home, I had breakfast and between us we completed the shopping list. The plan was to shop early and raid Sainsbury's before the Zombie bus dropped off its weekly load. This worked well and we cleared the shops by 10:15.

We were meeting David, one of my football friends, and Elaine, his young lady for lunch. David lost his wife to cancer last year and Elaine is also widowed. The two met at a Warner's resort and have been together for a little while now. We met up with them at The Lobster Pot. The sun was shining and it was lovely and warm as we sat outside above the beach. We chatted about our respective lives and experiences and found plenty of common touchpoints. It was a really pleasant lunchtime. We have resolved to meet up again when Elaine is next up here with David. (She lives in Devon).

Back home we had an hour or so before collecting Ellie. We started on our Kindles but I ducked out after a while so that I could get my daily walk completed before Ellie finished. She is staying with us overnight.

No comments: