Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2024

Just stuff

 We have had a bitty day. It has been hot and sunny and we had all the doors and windows open from first thing. Jasper had wandered in and out, sheltering in the cool of the front bedroom when the heat got too much for him.

Diane was due to have a phone consultation this morning but the call never came. It turns out they were having problems with their phones at the surgery. Consultation has been re-booked face-to-face.

As it was such a nice day, Diane ploughed through the washing and soon had it drying on the line. She then cleared a pile of ironing.

I spent the morning doing admin. While doing this, I'm pleased to report that Royal Mail condescended to collect the parcel I had contracted them to take on Saturday. We also had the chap turn up to try and sort out the slight blemishes we found on the new sofas. I'm pleased to report that he did a splendid job and was soon on his way.

As an aside, I have ensured my battery packs are fully charged, and have started to collect all the cables and adapters we might need while away.

Pete shared a stunning photo of Ellie sitting on the beach at sunset. It set me off, again:

My Grandpa wrote a poem,
Especially for me;
I'd been sitting on the beach with Dad,
Looking out to sea.

We'd spent the day at Cheddar Gorge,
And deep in Wookie Hole;
But now the sun was setting,
and the sky was blue and gold.

No comments: