Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Check-in

 We heard, late last night, that Paul and Cathy had arrived safely in Paris, though he said it had been quite an adventure!

I was up at my usual time quaffing my first coffee of the day and reading the news. Di emerged a while later and we enjoyed a quiet breakfast. My first task after breakfast was to rebook my Royal Mail collection - let's see if they can be bothered to collect tomorrow, as scheduled.

I'm always a bit twitchy about the cellular roaming costs when abroad. I spent some time reviewing some packages. As we both have up-to-date iPhones we can use eSIMs. In the end, I ordered an eSIM for each of us from Jetpac. I installed these alongside our existing eSIMs and can activate them when we arrive in Turkey. The package I have selected gives us 15GB. It seemed like a pretty good deal.

The new cabin bags which we ordered yesterday turned up at lunchtime. They seem ideal and I am confident that we will have no problems with our packing. We were "invited" to Zoe's to see her packing plans and give them the "ok". We took one of the new cases along as an exemplar. She is going to order one as a standby.

The next few hours were spent on the Wizz Air website trying to check in. Their site is, to put it politely, user-hostile. I made a mistake part way through the process and pressed the "Modify Data" button and it allowed me to return to where the error was... but wouldn't allow me to modify the incorrect field. I had to cancel everything, log back in and start again. The second time around, I managed to get further into the process where it asked for contact details for each of the travellers. It rejected my details saying the phone number given was already associated with another customer (it was probably me - one with my middle name and one without)... now the question was how to get around this. A service call "Hushed" allows you to have additional phone numbers so I signed up and claimed a new number. By this point, Wizz had timed out and logged me out. I was losing the will to live. I started again... and finally managed to get the check-in process completed and then printed the boarding passes. Then, of course, I had to go through the whole process again for the return journey... because it doesn't remember what you had just entered for the outbound flight.

I think a quiet evening is required... in a dark room with a wet towel over my head.

No comments: