Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Off the Bench

Ellie was dropped off and again she had already had breakfast and was dressed and ready for school. This gave her plenty of time to read her latest book to me and then reread it to Diane. We dropped her off at school and headed home.

It was a quick change and then we headed out of the door. I was dropping Diane at the Angmering Community Centre for her first session of Pilates for many months. I carried on to Worthing and got changed ready for my first game of football in several months. I warmed up carefully as the muscles had been underused and it was quite chilly. The match kicked off with 7-a-side. The teams looked well-balanced but it was at least 10 minutes before the first goal. We were down 1-0 but that only lasted for a couple of minutes as we pulled one back (with an assist from me). I then managed to hit the inside of the post and was horrified to see the ball spin out of the goal. At half-time, with another assist from me, we were winning 1-2. The second half saw a bit of a shuffle around in our team. We quickly conceded but with my third assist of the game, we drew ahead again. That was how it finished, we had won 2-3. Best of all, I was still feeling pretty sprightly.

I went back to collect Diane and we headed home for lunch. She had done really well at Pilates, according to her friends and the instructor. Better still, she had really enjoyed it.

After lunch, I grabbed my Kindle and sat down to read. That didn't happen. I just crashed out and slept for an hour.

We collected Ellie from school and she stayed with us until Darren came to collect her, soon after 16:00.

No comments: