Search This Blog

Saturday, November 04, 2023

Journals and books

 Ellie slept well. It was 7 a.m. before she stirred and, after firing up her iPad, we had another 30 minutes of peace and quiet. By that time, I was washed, dressed, and downstairs making coffee. We gave Ellie some breakfast and soon after, Zoe arrived to collect her.

Diane had a quiet day with her sewing patterns.

I spent the morning and early afternoon working on the journal for the 1980s. I had yet to realise just how sparse the raw data was. One year, I only had a single diary entry. As Diane said, we were busy with the girls and our jobs. What I do have, fortunately, is a vast library of photographs from which the years can be re-created... even if the exact days are not quite accurate.

This afternoon, I finished my latest book (75th book of the year) and started on another. The book that I finished had left me on a metaphorical cliff's edge. I must download and read the next in the series.

No comments: