Search This Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Chill

It was cold overnight. I was greeted by a frost when I looked out the window while nursing my morning coffee. By mid-morning the cold, damp, grey morning had turned damp and wet. Today was not a day for sunbathing.

We could leave it no longer. We were out of milk. Diane would not be able to have her tea. A trip to Sainsbury's to stock up was at the top of our agenda. When I first pulled into the car park, my heart sank. It looked incredibly busy. I needn't have worried. The corpses that usually shuffle around on Thursdays had obviously been put off by the weather. Today's shoppers, in general, seemed to be shopping with a purpose.

Most of the rest of the day has been spent pottering. The accounts were updated. A book was finished. Roast dinner was cooked and devoured. It has been a nice quiet day.


No comments: