Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Peace

 It has been an immensely peaceful day. I was up at seven and had a quiet hour downstairs before Di emerged. We had both slept well.

During the morning Di finished some ironing and I sat in the traffic queue to get some cat food. I was lucky, I had looked at the map in advance, and I realised that approaching from the south would be quicker than the normal northern approach. This was a major saving. Cat food for Jasper, and fruit smoothies for Ellie were stacked in the shopping bag and I left, happy.

The afternoon has been spent with our books. I tried, in parallel, to prepare dinner. The pork and crackling was a triumph. The carrots and beans were excellent. The roast potatoes were not as good as those prepared last week (they will require some changes before I chance then again.

No comments: