Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Just Stuff

The first order of the day (after coffee) was the cousins' call. It went much as usual - lots of banter and lots of laughter and as usual it brightened up the start to the weekend.

Next on the agenda was packing. With Jasper already at his Spa, we could have a leisurely run at the suitcases. I even consulted several YouTube videos to look at particular methods of folding clothes so they didn't crease.  After the packing, the label maker was retrieved from my study and the various cables needed for the trip were duly identified and labelled.

I genuinely like our Skoda. It is a lovely car with some great features. Its SatNav, however, is positively hostile if you wish to plot a route with several stop-overs (rather than a single destination, which is easy). This must have taken me 45 minutes. Eventually, our route was stored and we are set to go. This got me thinking about some of the online services that are available for the Skoda (and we haven't exploited). I logged into the portal and activated various services. This should simplify several things, including the SatNav routing. In turn, this got me thinking about the fact the car has a slot for a SIM card and can remain connected. Eventually, I decided to give it a whirl. I popped to Argos and got a SIM card which I have activated and installed. Time will tell if this makes an appreciable difference and is worth the effort.

No comments: