Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Another wet start

 It was pouring down when I got up this morning, and the forecast suggested we were in for more rain and some thunderstorms throughout the day. 

Ellie pottered into our room at about 7:15 - she had slept well and was raring to get going. We were lucky that by the time we had to leave for school, the rain had almost stopped.

Back home, breakfasted, and fully caffeinated I got on with some admin. The most pressing item was to sort out the "Age Extension" for our travel insurance to ensure that Dine remains covered after her imminent birthday. As usual, this was a much more difficult task than it should be. Pointers to the online process proved useless as the online process doesn't cover "Age Extensions". The only solution was to telephone. I then had to listen to message after message cajoling me to do whatever I needed online. I persisted. I spoke to a human and the whole process was done and dusted in a few minutes.

The rain had restarted. Diane wanted to post a card. I put on my waterproofs and carried the letter to the postbox. As I turned back the rain reached a furious frenzy. By the time I got home, despite my waterproof trousers and shoes, I was soaked.

Much of the rest of the day has been spent with my book, or preparing materials for Ellie's school project.

No comments: