Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2020

Progress

The Gorse Fox had the temerity to write to Virgin Holidays yesterday. He was very upbeat and polite:

Hello,
I am sure you are immensely busy, and I do hope you are keeping safe in these difficult times.

On 28th April you cancelled our holiday to Jamaica, offering a voucher and various rebooking options. I declined these and filled in the online form requesting a full refund. Since then I have heard nothing. There was no acknowledgement (though I have kept a copy of the form).

Reading on the Facebook Group it seems that people are seeing their invoices amended to reflect the pending refund. I have not seen this, and find that now, I cannot even get online to see my account/invoice.

Please can you confirm that I am in the queue for a refund, and some indication of how much longer I may have to wait would be appreciated.


Take care and stay safe

Having seen the hassle some people are having, he was delighted that this email received a full and personal reply this morning. All points were addressed and we now have a target date for our refund. The Gorse Fox is quietly satisfied that, as usual, a gentle and polite approach gets much better results than sarcasm, threats, anger and so forth.

(Talking of refunds, the second and final instalment of the refund of the State Pension came in this morning).


No comments: