Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Had a lovely day with Betty and Barney. He is looking well after his health scare earlier in the year (probably caused by being in Wales at the time). Their new car is very nice, a Mondeo Ghia with the diesel engine and automatic geardox. Also, by using a broker on the internet, Barney managed to get the car for £6500 less than the list price... and it turned up early. That made Barney a happy bunny.

We went off to Baloo's for lunch. As usual their choice of fish was excellent, and the service superb. I must say that I always enjoy going there.

On returning, Barney and I went to take a drive in the Golf, but on powering up, I got a warning message about the coolant level. So after a quick check and seeing it was registering at the minimum level, we decided to leave it for now... and I'd call Caffyns in the morning. (I could top up with water, but really I would prefer to have the correct coolant on board).

No comments: