Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2026

Who'd Have Thought

 I was up early, ready for Ellie to be dropped off. The trouble was that Zoe and Ellie weren't. Zoe had forgotten that she was meant to be on an early shift and went in for 09:00. Oh well, I suppose I had a quiet hour to read the news.

Ellie was dropped off and was clearly happy to have a lazy day. She was still in her pyjamas mid-morning when I went to collect a parcel for Diane from M&S, and when I got back and headed for the study, she finally went to shower and brush her teeth. Meanwhile, Di had finished a couple of loads of washing and was bordering on a cleaning frenzy.

I returned to the photo library. The more I examined it, the more I spotted errors. In the past, they were masked by the folders in which they were filed. Now the discrepancy between the folders' dates and the photos' dates is showing up as a problem. Several experiments and several hours of deep thought and testing revealed a change that I could apply, which should go a long way towards solving the problem. A few lines of code were changed, and I used my backup library as a reference point when re-running several of my utility programs. Now, several hours later, it looks as if I have eliminated another bunch of anomalies. Who'd have thought that my backups would prove so useful!

Zoe came to collect Ellie soon after 17:00. We have her again tomorrow morning... but not until 08:30.

No comments: