Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Walking home

 Yesterday evening, plans changed. Ellie had decided that she didn't want an early start today, so it was decided that she would sleep here. This was good, because it meant there was no need for an early alarm; in fact, it was just after seven before I got up and headed for the shower. By the time I went downstairs, Di was already drinking her tea and munching on some toast.

It was another landmark day. Di took the car and drove across to Angmering for her first Pilates session in several months. Ellie stayed behind to look after grandpa. After some breakfast, she got herself ready, and we headed to the bus stop. We were on our way into Bognor to collect her school uniform from the local suppliers. I was impressed with the size of the shop, the number of staff, and the number of people in there browsing or collecting their orders.


With the uniform bag in one hand, we headed to the beach. (It seems a shame to go to Bognor and not stroll along the promenade.) When we got there, we could see the local showmen setting up their attractions for this Bank Holiday weekend's funfair. Ellie loved it and immediately texted Zoe, asking if they could go tomorrow. Meanwhile, we arrived at the palypark where Ellie spent a while on the swings before we stopped off for a drink and then headed for the pier.

After strolling around for a while, we headed back to the bus stop, only to find we had at least 20 minutes to wait. While we stood there, the time increased. I suggested to Ellie that we walk. It's only 3km, so she was up for it. We strolled back slowly, chatting as we walked, taking about 35 minutes (including a stop in Tesco Express for some lunch snacks).

Once home, Ellie sat and watched the TV, and I returned to my little coding challenge. Di arrived home and had clearly had a very good session at the Pilates class. I'm sure that now she has ventured to try it, she will be back every week,

Zoe came to collect Ellie soon after three, and we settled down with our Kindles until it was time to make dinner.

No comments: