Jasper, once again, provided the impetus to get me out of bed. To be fair, it was just after seven, so I had had my lie-in. Coffee was brewed along with tea, and the tea was taken up to Diane.
Overnight, my subconscious had been processing. It dawned on me that there was a better way to organise the new photo library. I discussed it with myself and with ChatGPT and concluded that I would scratch the library manager I had built yesterday. I would then split the actual library into smaller chunks (a technical term) and then rebuild the library manager. So, for example, all the years from 1890 to 1989 are now clustered in a folder "Photos1890-1989", and there are similar clusters in 10-year and 5-year groups (depending on the quantity of photos). This now makes the management much simpler, and the library manager doesn't have to treat the many thousands of photos as one huge set. I set this plan in motion, and then got my breakfast. Various aspects of this have been running all through the day, and are still running now. I am confident they will all be finished by morning.
Di has enjoyed the sunshine and been pottering in the garden again. The garden waste bin is nearly full of all the trimmings and prunings.
We did manage some Kindle time in the Orangery this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment