I was up at seven. There wasn't a sound from Diane, so I didn't make her any tea. I made my coffee and sat down with the overnight news. By the time my coffee was finished and the news sources had been squeezed dry, Di was stirring, and I fired up the kettle.
Elli had been host to a sleepover with Ariana last night. Zoe dropped them on the doorstep at 8:20, and the girls started their day with us. To be fair, they were no trouble at all and just played nicely and quietly all day. The morning was focused on their tablets and phones; the afternoon saw them roaming the estate and roller-blading.
Mid-morning we had to drop Jasper in his carrier, and we all set off for the vet. Jasper had his scheduled monthly injection, his nails clipped, his blood pressure taken and so forth. I drove them to the vet and carried Jasper in, then I returned to the car where the girls were playing games on their phones. I explored the various settings on the vehicle that I hadn't previously examined, then wandered back and forth in the car park, thinking about my coding project.
We were back home by lunchtime, and I prepared some chicken nuggets, chips, and baked beans for the girls. They lapped them up and then disappeared upstairs to play. Di also disappeared upstairs so that she could rearrange and tidy her study. I continued with the next phase of my photo management project. I have now created an inventory of all the photos in the master library. I can use this when extracting albums from Google Photos, locating each of the component photos to squirt into the Immich system and recreating the Google Albums. There is a fair bit more thinking to go and some more code to develop, but I'm well on the way.
Zoe picked the girls up soon after five.
No comments:
Post a Comment