There was no need to be awake early. Jasper, however, had different ideas, and after he regaled us with several bouts of yowling and shouting, it seemed pointless to stay in bed any longer. So it was that I was up just before seven, and Di was up not long after.
Being Saturday, I had my usual call with the cousins. It seemed like a wide-ranging chat, but we did spend time talking about Tim's trip to Istanbul and the places he should visit. Obviously, Chris could provide ideas based on his experience, whereas the rest of us had to rely on travelogues and TV travel programmes.
Today was a day for heroes. Trevor and Lel took part in a 25 Km walk in London to raise money for Prostate Cancer Research. I sent them a "Good Luck" message, and another message during the walk.
I must say that they had a nice day. Unlike recent weeks, the temperature had cooled off a bit, and though we have had some rain this week, it stayed dry.
Trevor sent this photo through showing the heroic couple at the finish line, and I know that they beat their fundraising target. As I commented on Facebook, not all heroes wear spandex and have capes.
Well done.
Meanwhile, back here, I had re-run my program against the photo library. This time, it showed no data anomalies. This was good news as it meant that yesterday's exercise had corrected all of the thousands of anomalies that were in the library. (These anomalies were predominant where old photos had been scanned and had no date information other than the scan date - they had, however, been filed in the correct folder for the year they were taken). Confident that the library was now ok, I connected it to Immich and left it to run. Immich will now go through and create its database, identifying every photo, creating thumbnails, looking for faces in photos, and clustering faces together. This will run for hours... and is currently running all 8 processors on my iMac at 100%.
While the computer was busy, I decided (in a fit of uncharacteristic activity) to clean the car. There was debris from the New Forest in the footwells, and the outside was grubby from the recent rain. It took me an hour or so, but it looks very smart again now. Meanwhile, Di was pottering in the garden. She wanted to have a bit of a tidy-up and do some pruning before the wet and windy weather, which is forecast, sets in this coming week.

No comments:
Post a Comment