I was up soon after 6:30 but spent the next ten minutes clearing up after Jasper had left me an overnight parcel. It's such a lovely way to start the day! I made some tea for Di and one for me. As I was due at the dentist, I didn't want to present with coffee breath.
Never being too certain of the Chichester traffic, I arrived earlier than necessary and sat with my Kindle until Magda was ready for me. Today's adventure was to be on the receiving end of a replacement filling after I lost a large one back in January. I settled down, ready for the torture to begin. She gave me an injection, which I didn't feel. Within a minute or so, she started drilling away. I could hear it, but did not feel a thing. The old tooth was rebuilt, and I was dismissed. I had not felt a thing. I was deeply impressed (and thankful).
Leaving the dentist, I stopped off at Turner's Pies for a couple to put in the freezer. Then, I diverted to Aldi on the way home. The objective was to see if they had a good selection of wholemeal sourdough bread. It may have been advertised on their website, but it certainly wasn't available in our store. I later stopped into Sainsbury's for some freeer bags large enough for the Turner's Pies.
Back home (finally, with a coffee inside me), I returned to my study and the experiments I have been doing with the photo library. I realised that if I was about to scan the whole library, there may be other things I should check as I traversed the photographic history. The test code I wrote yesterday was adapted, and further aspects of the library were extracted so they could be tested and changed where necessary. Once I was happy with the concept, I left it. I will return during the week.
We managed some Kindle time during the afternoon, though not as much as I would have liked.
Incidentally, Ellie has gone away with Pete to Burnham-on-Sea for the week. With her new phone, we are getting plenty of updates and chatty phone calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment