Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Detour

We had another gentle start to the day. Being Thursday, shopping was on the schedule, and Di was eager to come along, so she was up fairly early, too. I had charged the car overnight (the first time for nearly 3 weeks), so as soon as I was dressed, I unplugged the charger and ran my analysis program against the stats. We are still paying about 2p per mile, and over the life of the car we have averaged 3.7 miles/kWh.

Lottie arrived just as we were about to leave for the shopping. We had a brief chat and then buzzed across to Sainsbury's. We arrived just as the corpse bus arrived and deposited the Zombies at the door. What joy! We were in the store for an hour or so, being caught by some neighbours who wanted a chat. When we escaped, we managed to complete the list moderately quickly.

Once home, we unpacked, had a cup of tea and then set about some lunch. I then spent the afternoon back at the codeface. As I explained yesterday, I had defined a massive detour in my original thinking and today was spent working it through. Meanwhile, Di had some Kindle time, but I spent the time coding up until it was time to prepare dinner.

No comments: