Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Dinner guest

I had a gentle start to the day. There was no train to catch, there was no commute, there were no conference calls, and I didn't have to prepare a presentation. I have retired, and despite still having work dreams, I am still not in the slightest bit interested in going back... besides which, the current government would take most of what I earn and spaff it up the wall on ridiculous ideas, or lazy people, instead of spending it wisely.

After breakfast, I worked my way through the pile of clothing that required ironing. It didn't take me too long, but it was good to see the pile disappear. I also sent some legal documents off (electronically), so that our kids will be protected, as much as possible, from various taxes that the government have in mind.

Most of the rest of the day was spent working on my program to analyse the photo library. ~A huge amount of progress was made, but then I had one of those Eureka moments when I asked myself if I was approaching the problem the right way. I soon decided that I wasn't, and thus I have a lot of work building up for tomorrow.

I had bought some family-sized Turner's Pies on Monday, while in Chichester. As Zoe is home alone this week (with Ellie in Somerset with Pete), we asked her round for dinner. I prepared the chicken and ham pie with some roast potatoes and honey-roasted parsnips. We had a lovely dinner and a long chat before she headed home.

No comments: