Search This Blog

Saturday, September 09, 2023

So quiet

 It has been another glorious day on the south coast with temperatures in the high 20s again. I had a quiet start to the day before setting up for the cousins' call. Tim entered into the spirit of things by wearing a flat cap, and scarf, and sat in front of a backdrop of dark satanic mills. I sat in front of a photo of Lake Minnewaska where I often walked when working in Kingston and Poughkeepsie. The call itself was a little subdued this week. No for any particular reason, just because none of us had a "sparkle" today.

I spent the rest of the morning examining "Ancestry's" estimation of my DNA traits. Some seemed pretty good, but most were too general to be relevant. I finished by going through a questionnaire to update their database with what I perceived to be my characteristics.

The afternoon was spent in the cool of the living room buried in the virtual pages of our books.

No comments: