We were up just before seven. Ellie was due to be dropped off at 8:30, but we got going early. In fact, once I was washed and dressed, I headed out for a walk. This was the first proper walk since before Di went into hospital. The first ten minutes or so were spent with my brain trying to get the context back for the audiobook I was listening to. I still have 3 hours to run in the book, but slowly and surely the little grey cells put everything back into context. Now, I can't wait for the next episode.
I charged the car overnight. People talk of "range anxiety", but these few days away have eased any such concern. I charged the car to 100% before we went away. We struggled with traffic; we whizzed along motorways; I pottered through the forest, and yet I still arrived home with about 50% charge. It gives one a little more confidence in the EV.
By the time I arrived home from my walk, Ellie had been dropped off. We will be taking care of her for the next two weeks, until she returns to school. (As a side note, I am sure that my school summer holidays were at least 8, if not 10, weeks - but maybe that was a benefit of going to school run by Americans).
We had a quiet afternoon with Ellie. She is still recovering from her chickenpox and coping with it well. She has gone home with Zoe for some supper, but is coming back to sleep here tonight so that she doesn't have to get up at the crack of dawn when Zoe goes to work.
(I have updated the blog entries for the last few days so that they include the photos I had originally curated for inclusion, but was stymied by the poor WiFi at the hotel.)
No comments:
Post a Comment