Search This Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

An Ode for the Silver Vixen

The Gorse Fox has just spent some quality time with the iron and a pile of shirts. Ironing seems to free the mind... this was the result:

I was worried at first, I thought she had gone.
The house, it seemed empty, the lights weren't yet on.
I needn't have worried, I soon heard her say
"Is that you darling?"
then "What is the day?"

I said it was Friday, she said "That's a shame.
I started on Tuesday. This patchwork's to blame"

"I lost track of time as I started to sew;
I get quite engrossed as you very well know."


Four days had gone by, she was wasting away.
She'd been quilting by night, and been quilting by day.
Surrounded by bobbins of cotton and silk, and only refreshed by hot tea with skimmed milk.
She thought at the start that an hour it would take her; But now she's a quilt covering most of an acre.

(The Silver Vixen is a dedicated a talented needle-woman and enjoys quilting, embroidery, patchworks and so forth)

[File under: ,, ]

No comments: