I was up early so that I could greet Ellie when she was dropped off. Unfortunately, I had to start mt day cleaning up after Jasper's generous overnight contributions. I had just finished that and got the kettle boiling for Diane's tea when the front door opened, and Ellie arrived. She wasn't well. She was feeling a bit dizzy, had a slight temperature, and a cough. I agreed with Zoe that we would see how she got on before deciding on whether she would go to school. She didn't. Zoe phoned the absence line, and Ellie went back to bed.
It was very damp and misty when I went out for my walk. Having said that, though it was cool, it wasn't cold, and I was tooo warm in the fleece I had chosen to wear. An hour or so later, I returned home to collect a bag of donations for the school's Harvest Festival assembly and get over to the school nice and early.
The rest of the morning was spent on bits of admin and some ironing. Ellie got herself up and had almost lost her voice. We told her to keep drinking, and by mid-afternoon she could talk, though she was quite husky. She might have a virtual sick note from school, but we were not going to let her waste the day. She settled down with some homework (MyMaths) and did well, coming to check answers every now and again. Then, with Nan's supervision, she started on some extra project work on the subject of Egypt and the Pharaohs.
While she was doing that, I spent some time updating some programs and culling others. It was quite satisfying. I also helped Diane get to grips with ChatGPT so that she could use it to take a picture of a dress pattern and of some material and create an image of the finished article in the material she had selected. It worked remarkably well.
No comments:
Post a Comment