Search This Blog

Saturday, October 03, 2026

Just Admin

 I was up soon after 6:00. I had slept well, but was wide awake, and my mind was reviewing some of the code I had written yesterday. I snuck downstairs, made a coffee, and opened the laptop. Di wandered down a couple of hours later.

I joined the weekly call with the cousins, and we heard about the cruise that Tim and Sarah had been on with their respective (if not respectable) partners. It certainly sounded nice, but they had concluded that these fly-cruises are too much hassle. In future, they would cruise from UK ports (though that does limit the itineraries).

The rest of the morning was spent on admin. We both had a lot to review and get through, and we were both delighted with some decent wins on the Premium Bonds this month, and I took the opportunity to transfer more money into Diane's ISA. The more we can stick in tax-free savings, the better, even if there are slightly better interest rates for other investments.

I spent the afternoon doing some more coding and tidying up from the testing I had been doing. I think my next bit of work will revolve around improving the accessibility of the documentation. While I was sitting at the MacBook, Di was doing some pruning in the garden and then sat down with her Kindle in the Orangery.

We had dinner at the usual time, while watching the Croatia-vs-England Nations League game, and enjoying one of the best England performances we have seen in a long time. A 0-7 win is a good result.

No comments: