Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2023

Next

 It was an earlier start than planned. Just before 05:00 Jasper decided he wanted to play. We were treated to an Olympic trampoline display with us as the trampolines. This was followed by choir practice. Despite throwing him off the bed several times, he would not give up. In the end, I did. Soon after 6:30 I wandered downstairs and opened the bi-fold doors. Not good enough. Jasper wanted the side door opened and stubbornly sat there until I acquiesced. He then poked his head out, did an about-turn and walked back into the kitchen.

I did my customary school run. Zoe hobbled along with us, as did her neighbour Lorraine (who had dropped a glass decanter on her toe last week and was all bandaged up like Zoe). Ellie was dropped off and I headed home for breakfast.

I needed some supplies as we have guests on Wednesday and I'm out tomorrow. I headed for Sainsbury's and picked up what was needed then went across to "Next" where I bought a nice dark blue suit. As I am attending a funeral tomorrow, something a little more appropriate than a polo shirt and chinos seemed sensible!

The rest of the day has been fairly quiet and spent buried in my Kindle until it was time to collect Ellie. She went back to her friend Neve while Zoe was at the hospital.

No comments: