Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Pin-brained Resource Trolls

Spent an inordinate amount of time resourcing a project where the resource was willing but his resource manager was weak. Now, there is a (scurrilous) rumour that we are a single company aiming to deliver excellence to our customers. But some pin-brained trolls are so focussed on their little empires that they forget this. They try to protect resources and keep them idle rather than use them on paid work. I was just warming to the task of blowing the guy away when he relented. I can just imagine what Dracula would have said if I'd phoned him to ask for some persuasion!

All of this distracts me from what I'm trying to achieve, i.e. response to some contractual queries. There are three queries. The first is out of my hands and therefore of no consequence (for now). The second is vague and needs thought - is value measured by what you physically deliver or the amount of work that went into the deliverable? The final one looks like a possible tripwire surrounding review processes. I can't seem to hold a coherent thought train concerning either.

No comments: