Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Just chatting

As a background to ask I have installed IBM ViaVoice. This is quite exciting as I have been able to dictate this blog a entry into the computer without touching the keyboard. The only thing that I had to do was to cut and paste the text from the text had to the block entry. I did have a number of minor corrections to make to the text. The more that I use the system the better the recognition of my voice should be and the more accurate the text will become.

The primary reason that encouraged me to install this software was the discovery of several additional diaries that I had not previously transcribed to into the computer. As the the Gorse Fox is not one of the world's greatest typists the ability to dictate directly into the computer seemed to to be an excellent alternative.

No comments: