I was up at my usual time. It was still very dark, and clearly, the sun was still waiting for its lift to work. There had been some light rain overnight as part of the World's cleaning crew, but it had dried up before dawn. It was a quiet start and, though there was a scheduled Zoom call with the cousins, I had sent my apologies. This morning was our opportunity to go to the surgery and act as a dartboard for the Practice Nurse with her tray of flu darts. She did an excellent job, and we both commented that we hadn't felt a thing.
Back home, I had a few chores to complete, the most important of which was to lubricate the window fixings as they were becoming very stiff. I suspect I may need to get the chaps to come in and adjust the locking mechanisms because, though the handles are moving easily now, the windows are still proving stiff to lock in place.
Kim had been for her flu jab later in the morning and popped in to see us on the way back. She was here for about an hour, and it was good to catch up. When she left, I grabbed a bite of lunch and then set off for my walk. It was strange in that when the sun was out, it was too warm for a jacket, but when the sun played hide-and-seek behind the clouds, it was very chilly, even with a jacket. I finished my audiobook "The Girl Who Lived Twice" (part of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series) and moved on to my next book, another Jonathan Kellerman audiobook.
We had been invited to our new neighbour Colleen's for a bit of a housewarming. Though she actually moved in back in May, she has been having some extensive work done on the house, and it is only just complete. I must say that she has done a superb job, and it has certainly transformed the house and garden. What hadn't been clear to us was that "come in and have a few drinks" was really a "come in and have a few drinks and an absolute feast with friends from all over". We hadn't anticipated what a "do" this was scheduled to be, and I had already started preparing our dinner before we went. In the end, we stayed for nearly three hours, but it was clear that people were settling in for a bit of a session. It was a lovely few hours, and we met some of her family and friends from Bournemouth, and some local friends.
Back home, I finished cooking dinner, and then, having cleared away, we settled down for a couple of hours in front of the TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment