Search This Blog

Thursday, March 07, 2024

The Eyes Have It

 Ellie slept through and, though awake, didn't disturb us until I was moving about. For World Book Day, she had to take her favourite bedtime story to school and wear her pyjamas. It was fun to see that all the kids turned up in their PJs - and find that the teachers had joined in.

We had our traditional Thursday trip to Sainsbury's and managed to accost Zoe while there.

We had a couple of quiet hours with our books before Di set off to collect Ellie. I stayed put as Chris was due at the eye clinic at Whitely, and I had volunteered to take him. Despite warnings of traffic, we whizzed through and arrived with 30 minutes to spare. He went in to see if they could see him early and I stayed in the car with my Kindle. He was in the clinic for just over an hour and the laser did its job. He came out and declared he felt great and could have driven home (though it wasn't permitted). The journey home was not as straightforward. We hit traffic as soon as we joined the M27 and sat in a nose-to-tail jam until we cleared Portsmouth. It took well over an hour to get home.

Because of the time, when I got in we ordered some fish and chips for dinner and I popped around the corner to collect them (I'm not keen on deliveries as it eats into the profits of the provider and can be a bit soggy by the time the food arrives). 

No comments: