Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2024

Stab Vest

Being the Ides of March, I have been wearing my stab vest all day. I may not be Emperor of Rome, but I am not going to take any chances.


There had been rain overnight, but it was drying out by the time I walked to Zoe's for the school run.  Being "Red Nose Day" Ellie could wear her own clothes but despite having a themed t-shirt, she decided to wear her own gear, rather than submit to the peer pressure for Red Nose regalia. That's my girl!

It brightened up during the morning and I took the opportunity to have a swift walk around the area. I ventured down North Bersted Street and saw that the flooding had not yet subsided. I trust the homeowners of these last two houses have big 4x4s or their own kayaks.

Back home, I got on with some admin and then settled with the Kindle for a while. Zoe had forgotten to pack Ellie's laptop with her stuff for the weekend with Pete, so I wandered around the corner (between showers) to grab the technology and thus allow her to stay on top of any homework that may be assigned.

Pete has just collected Ellie and we have finished dinner. A quiet evening is planned.

No comments: