Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Spa

 Ellie woke during the night. She had had a bad dream and toddled into our room. A quick cuddle with Grandpa and being tucked back into her own bed put everything right. That should have been it until the morning. Jasper, however, decided he wouldn't be upstaged so just as we were settling back to sleep, he started his choir practice and, when finally silent again, started to charge around the house to get fit for the Paris Olympics.

Zoe came around to collect Ellie just before 09:00. There was a lot to prepare. Today was the day of her "Spa Party" to celebrate her upcoming Birthday with some school friends. The lady who set this up was due to arrive mid-morning and Ellie wanted to be there to supervise.

We stayed at home. I had the call with the cousins and Di pottered around. Rain came and went throughout the morning and, while doing some ironing, I watched the cloud radar to try and find a dry slot for a walk. There was nothing during the morning. 


After lunch, Di went to help supervise the Spa Party. Boys were not permitted so I did some reading until I detected a window in the weather. Jacket on, I headed out for a walk with Bosch playing through the AirPods. As I looped clockwise around my route I hadn't realised that, creeping up from behind, was a filthy black cloud. It was only as I started the return leg that I saw the clouds of Modor ahead and realised I was likely to get soaked. Despite the threat, I stuck with my planned route and felt the first huge drops of rain just as I was approaching the front door. I had timed it to perfection. As I walked in the door, the heavens opened and we had a torrential burst of rain and hail.

Di arrived back from the party just before 18:00. Photos trickled through and it was clear that it had been a great success.

No comments: