Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Patron Saint

 I was up early again today so that Ellie could be dropped off. She was very bouncy and bubbly and brightened up the rather grey and wet morning. After the normal morning workflow, we dropped her off at school and returned home for breakfast.

Today is the feast of St Joseph the Worker. This got me thinking. Who is the patron saint of retired people? I asked Google's AI Engine (Gemini) who informed me "There isn't a universally recognized saint specifically for retirees". Well, that's a blow. There is no specific Saint in the firmament that gives a flying fig for us retirees. I guess we'll have to make do with Saint Dymphna who is associated with mental clarity and peace, or St Jude who looks after lost causes.

It has been raining gently all day. This was not conducive to a walk by the time I waited for some deliveries from DPD and Royal Mail and some pick-ups by Royal Mail. I did, however, manage to remove one of the shrubs from the front garden (under supervision) so that it can catch the green waste collection tomorrow.

The rest of the day followed the usual schedule - Kindle, fetch Ellie, homework with Ellie, say goodbye as she is collected, then dinner.

No comments: