Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2024

Just Stuff

 The alarm was set, and I had to be up in time for Ellie to be dropped off soon after 07:00. She seemed a bit grumpy when she first arrived, but a cuddle with Grandpa and then with Nana snapped her out of it. After eating, washing and dressing, she came downstairs to sit with me and practice her handwriting. She will need to improve how she holds the pencil and places the paper. At the moment she is blocking her view of the words as she writes. This will need some attention but I have no doubt she will get it.

After we dropped Ellie at school, we returned home for breakfast before getting on with our various domestic chores. I also had to order some more coffee and arrange for the collection and recycling of the used pods. This latter task took an inordinate amount of time as Nespresso had outsourced the pod collection to Royal Mail and each bag of pods needed to be separately entered into the system. It was a salutary lesson in how not to design a user interface.

I stuck my Airpods in my ears and headed off for a walk, listening to Bosch as I looped around through the village. The book already has me hooked and I was tempted to walk another complete circuit so that I could listen to more. I resisted. It is an incentive for my next walk.

After lunch, we had our Kindle hour before collecting Ellie from school. She did some more handwriting practice and some work on the times tables before running out of steam. We'll pick it up again when she is dropped off tomorrow morning.

No comments: