Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2024

Jumping the Gun

 Bizarrely, I awoke early. By 05:30 I was getting fidgety and decided to get up rather than disturb Diane. I snuck downstairs and made a coffee, then sat down to deal with some passwords which were at risk because of a recent data breach. This took longer than expected and I realised that it is immensely difficult to remove an account entirely. As the clock ticked around towards 07:00, I heard Ellie stirring and went to collect her and offer her some breakfast and the opportunity to see the big "Happy Birthday" banner I had attached to the front door. This kicked the day off properly and Diane joined us while Ellie devoured strawberries, and orange, a crumpet with marmite, and some chocolate cake! Zoe came along soon after 08:30 to collect her for a day of fun with her friend, Bonnie.

Once we had breakfasted, my priority was to visit the Skoda garage. I had a warning light come on yesterday evening and I wanted it checked. Unfortunately, it's a long weekend and the service department won't re-open until Tuesday. We didn't have any plans to drive over the weekend, so I guess we can safely wait. The light implies that the Emissions Controller has detected a problem.

The first of the boiler quotes arrived. I went through it carefully and suspect that it will be hard to beat. It was quite impressive in the way it was structured and the way it explained the current problem and the possible (costed) solutions. I heard from Jan and Adrian in Somerset last night. They seem to be having similar problems with their boiler. I forwarded the quote to them so that they could see the analysis and decide on their way forward.

Diane, meanwhile, had been bedding some plants in the garden. It was chilly in the shade, and when she came in she made the most of the glorious sunshine beating down on the Orangery. While she spent a couple of hours on the phone with Jane, I managed to get towards the end of another book. I expect that will bite the dust at bedtime.

No comments: