Search This Blog

Monday, March 04, 2024

Alarm

My alarm went off. I shot out of bed with all the grace and athleticism of an arthritic walrus. We were expecting Ellie soon after 7:00 and I had to be ready. My eyes, still a bit fuzzy, it took a moment or two to insert a toothbrush into the correct orifice. (My nose has had the scent of spearmint most of the day, however). I was ready for the day,

Ellie arrived, looking as if she had only just emerged from bed. It only took a few minutes before she had jump-started her brain and moved into top gear, as usual. Breakfast, ablutions, some play, and then we headed to school.

Back home, we had a very quiet breakfast. As I was preparing to start on some chores, I was asked to look at the Gmail templates. Bizarrely, they only work from a browser - not the Gmail app. This rather threw me, and it took a while to get it sorted for Diane's responses to future INR tests. Once that was done, I got on with the domestic chores I had on my mental checklist.

After lunch, I finished my book and started a new one while enjoying the warmth of the Orangery. We collected Ellie at the allotted time, and she was with us until Darren collected her. Zoe's shifts have changed for tomorrow, so we will again expect to see Ellie just after 07:00.

No comments: