I had a bit of a lay-in. I was still up by 07:00, but there was no need to be lazy and get up any later. After reading the overnight news, I settled down to write some documents using an approach I hadn't tried before. I wrote the document is my Obsidian repository using the simple Markdown language. Then, I used "panic" to convert the documentation to a web page. It should also allow me to create a PDF file from the same source (but I haven't tried that yet). It looks promising, but I'm not going to get carried away until I have tried a few examples and worked out how I will link it all together in the long run.
We were expecting Jan and John, so we had a bit of tidying up to do before they arrived. I also went through the latest version of our Wills with the intention of having them witness our signatures. In the end, we forgot all about that until after they had left.
They turned up just after 11:00, and we sat down for coffee and biscuits while we started catching up on the family news. An hour later, we went across to "The Lamb" at Pagham for lunch. While there, enjoying a wonderful Sunday lunch, we heard all about the trials and tribulations of their recent river cruise. There was nothing wrong with the cruise. The problem was that Jan was taken ill and ended up in hospital. It was a couple of days later that they eventually rejoined the boat further downriver. It appears that the Cruise Director did a fabulous job of getting things sorted out for them, and their insurance company has stepped up to ensure everything was sorted.
Back home, we settled in the Orangery for the afternoon and drank tea, ate some dessert, and chatted about all and sundry. By late afternoon, John was flagging, so they headed off home. I must say that John is not looking as robust as last time we saw him. He is hoping to have a hip replacement, so we hope that reignites his sparkle.
We had a quiet end to the afternoon followed by a quiet evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment