Well, I managed to stay in bed until just after seven. I had slept extremely well, and so had Di. I went down to make the coffee and tea, and she soon joined me. The weather looked promising, but I was in no mood for an early walk.
Once we had kicked into gear, I returned to my coding for an hour or so, then I donned my outdoor shoes, grabbed my AirPods and headed off to walk into Shripney and pop into M&S. My Audiobook chatted away in my ears as I walked, and I enjoyed the pleasant late summer warmth. (I don't subscribe to this nonsense about Autumn starting on 1st September - that is just "dumbing down" for people who don't understand when the Autumnal Equinox occurs). After picking up a gift voucher at M&S, I slipped across to Sainsbury's to use the loo (two coffees were taking their toll), before heading home. By the time I got in, I had covered over 6km and taken a bit over 75 minutes (including the shopping).
Di was not at home. She had been summoned to Zoe's to look at the landscaping progress and help Zoe decide on the colour of grout to be used between the patio slabs. I settled back down to my code, and by the time she arrived back home, I had finished the latest program in the suite and was happy with all of the test results. I was even congratulated by ChatGPT on the elegance of one segment of the code.
Once DI arrived back, we sat and chatted for a while and then retired to the Orangery with our Kindles. I eventually stirred myself and finished the preparation of dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment