Search This Blog

Monday, December 05, 2011

Eh?

The Gorse Fox drove across to Bristol. The plans for Tuesday firmed up meaning GF had to get back to Sussex at the end of the day. This meant phone the Hilton to change plans. It really seemed so simple...

"My confirmation number is 1234455667" GF started

"Hello Gorse Fox, how can I help you?" drawled and American accent.

"I wish to rearrange my stay, I will now check on Wednesday, instead of Monday" he explained

"That's fine, sir. Easiest way is for me to cancel and rebook for you. So that is one night, check in on Wednesday?"

"Correct" he confirmed

"Oh, I'm sorry the hotel is full that night" she replied

The Gorse Fox suspected he had just entered a parallel universe. "Excuse me? How can it be full I have reservation there for that night?"

There was a confused silence. "oh sir, you are a Diamond member, we can make a room available - that'll be one room at £160"

"No, I wish to have the room at the same room rate that I was already booked in at"

"I am sorry sir, but there are no rooms at that rate."

"Excuse me! I already have a room at that rate" the Gorse Fox could feel himself becoming detached from reality.

"I'm sorry sir, but it shows that's you have cancelled that room"

"yes, that is because you just cancelled it"

A logic bomb must have exploded in her mind, the phone went dead and the wormhole to the other world closed. The Gorse Fox hung up and booked into the Marriott




No comments: